While it has been the trending word amongst the youth in developing countries, entrepreneurship has proven to be the savior in the face of unemployment. Ignoring the commonly practiced system of education, even parents have come to realize that the only sure way for their children’s survival is through entrepreneurship. The turnaround is right for everyone who desires to guarantee their income; are you ready to become an entrepreneur?
Do you really understand who you want to become?
According to the business dictionary, entrepreneurship is the capacity and willingness to develop, organize and manage a business venture along with any of its risks in order to make a profit. That having being said, the question today is “Why do you want to join the league of entrepreneurs?”
It could be that you are bored of your current status, insecure at your place of employment bearing in mind that if you do not innovate fast enough you are likely to be replaced faster than you can find your desk in your office. It could also be that you are a sharp girl or guy; curious and excited to build an empire. Whatever the case maybe, what matters most is your intentions; being ready to take up the risks involved in building your product, taking it to the market and keeping your market entertained profitably! (Just got the cat out of your bag!)
This means that…
The world has five great expectations from what you have chosen to become. These expectations include:
- You will be the creator of a unique business from a simple idea, a few generous people may call you an innovator but the rest of the world will call you a psycho; swallow that.
- You will lead the market with the sole intention of taking up the lion share of that same market with no apologies; actually, never apologize for that.
- You will only target a segment of the market. Your product is not built for everyone but for SOMEONE. This ‘someone’ is eagerly waiting for you to design your product; be timely.
- You will present your product uniquely; actually, someone else may have a near similar product but in your case the way you present the product will leave an outstanding experience in the heart of your customers; anything less than that- you are toast!
- You must make a profit from whatever it is that you choose to do, however, your focus will be on people, and serving them with what they need not just what you want; be people-sensitive.
While you may still be unsure if you will draw the attention of millions like Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg or have your product religiously used in more than half of the households globally like William Colgate’s Colgate, the one thing you should never forget is this, “none of those big names knew every step of their journey. All they had to do is to hold within line of sight this huge reason as to “WHY” they were doing what they were doing, and every step of their journey towards their big “Why” unraveled; of course, not without a fight!